Saturday, 26 September 2015

'Avalokiteśvara' from The East Wind

This gorgeous and serene image, 'Avalokiteśvara' from The East Wind was just released yesterday and comes in two versions when you purchase it. One with this background, and the other without the background.

You can see I have used my Snow Pen on it after I attached it to my card to give it some more dimension, But it probably didn't need it as you can see in the close up I took before adding it!
Copics Used:

Skin: E000, E00. E11, E13, E21,and R20 (blush and lips)
Hair: E41 and E43 
Dress and ribbons: C0, C1, C2,C3,C5 and C7
Feathers/berries: BV000, BV00 and BV02
Flowers: YR000, YR00 and YR02
Leaves: YG11, YG91 and YG95

Thursday, 17 September 2015

Exciting news!

As many of you would know by now, I have an eclectic taste in many things, and that includes the images I colour. When I first began colouring, I only coloured small cute images using rubber/clear stamps. I then progressed into more detail and let my style grow! For a long time I have focused on more realistic styles and when an order came through requiring a cute stamp, it through me back out of my comfort zone! Honestly I had lost touch with colouring less intricate or realistic styles! I lost my "cute". When I started out, I had bought some gorgeous stamps that I had planned on working my way up to...really I was a beginner of the very basic! These images scared me when I started because to me, they looked difficult! I bought them, and never coloured them! Well now I have the privilege of being on the design team of this very company whose images I was scared to colour!

That is right! I am proud to announce I am a new Design Team member for Sherri Baldy's My Besties! Today was the release day for images including those I coloured! This is the first Christmas Bestie project I made and you can find the stamp HERE

The second project and image can be found HERE

Friday, 11 September 2015

Tumbelina faery from Moonflower Digital Stamps

This month Moonflower Digital Stamps are having an Autumn theme challenge over on their Facebook group, so I thought I'd make an entry using Tumbelina faery (free file in group). I gave myself the extra challenge of doing her wings in ombre. I have never coloured anything in this style/blend and was worried I'd ruin my whole picture. I know, I know...I should always start with the area of most concern when in doubt...I just never do it. Anyway, she turned out pretty darn good I think! I have had a couple ladies ask for my colour combos, so instead of repeating myself, I thought I would share for all.

Copics used:

Skin: E000, E00. E11,E13, E21, R20
Hair: E.41, E43 and E44
Outfit: E31, E33, E35 and E37
Flowers: YR000, YR00 and YR02
Wings: YR02, 
YR04, YR07 and YR09, YG63, YG67 and YG95

Friday, 4 September 2015

New medium brag post!

I am SUPER excited to finally be able to share this with you guys!!! A couple of weeks ago I mentioned to friends that I'd finished my first proper try of using Prismacolour pencils. I seriously had only done two quick attempts with them and was hating these very expensive pencils! Really REALLY hating them! I couldn't understand why everyone loved them so much until I learnt I was using the wrong type of paper :/ lol oh the joys of teaching yourself a new medium and not researching it! Anyway THIS is the amazing piece I was talking about! There are 16 layers of colour in her skin alone! 16!!! lol little did I know I was making it so much harder for myself learning to colour with these pencils on black paper until other Design Team members told me! lol since when have I done anything the easy way anyway? This took me about 8 hours to colour but the end result was so worth it I think! She is getting framed to go in my lounge room. This image is today's new release from The East Wind and is called "Her Story". Please don't ask for my colour combos as I didn't note them down and was far too frustrated in the beginning to keep not...something I know I will regret when I next try!

Thursday, 3 September 2015

"The Longing Princess"

This is my latest card made and it took me a lot longer than usual for the simple reason of cutting to an oval! I am a little bit of a perfectionist and although I used a template, hand cutting an oval just never looks neat enough to me! Once upon a time I had the Creative Memories cutting system which is brilliant. But I found I just didn't use circles and ovals so sold it at a quarter of the price I paid for it. Now I am kicking myself that I did! Several times since starting card making I've wished I still had it! Anyway, the reason it took so long is I had a set idea in mind for this image and not having a neat oval nor an oval mat or frame to use meant I had to scrap my idea and start again. That's when I decided the best way to cover my wonky oval was to make a frame of flowers! After debating with myself which patterned paper I was going to use, I picked out my flowers and went from there! 

Since posting my card Facebook groups, I've had a few requests for my colour combs used. Instead of repeating myself, I'm sharing here. This stamp is called "The Longing Princess" and can be found at MoonFlower Digital Stamps. 

Copics used:

Skin: E000, E00. E11,E13, E21, (R20 and R22 for lips and blush)
Hair: E,41, E43 and E44
Eyes: B93
Dress: G21, G94 and G99
Sleeve and neck frill: 
E50, E51 and E53
Gold: Y17 and Y28
Vines: YG63 and YG67
Roses: R000, R00, R02 and E04

*Note: Her pearls were created using "Liquid Pearls" and I used cream chalk to colour the background.

And in case you are wondering what the gold threads are on the right side... The inside of my card.