Tuesday, 13 September 2016

Heads up!

So those who know me personally, and those on my Facebook friend list would know how much I love the art from Studio de Shan! Her style has just the right amount of difference to appeal to my taste. And it really is just amazing! As soon as I saw an image from her Facebook page show up on my newsfeed, I just had to "Like" her page and stalk her. I mean follow her. 

One of my first thoughts was "OMG I hope she has digis I can colour!" Well I was disappointed to discover she doesn't...but asked if she had considered expanding into the digital image world. Aparently I'm not alone in wanting to colour her sketches (go check out her paintings! They are amazing!!!!). 

By an off chance and through a family member, and his friend, I met deShan in person and got to show her all of my colouring and cards. I got to explain "digi stamps" and how they are used and that her drawings would be absolutely loved in the colouring world as much as they are in the art world. She is such a genuinely lovely lady! We swapped business cards with the intention of making contact again soon. We have chatted just a little and I had the privledge to be able to play with an image and turn it into a digi I would like to colour to show her how her art could look with someone else's colouring. I mean her work is fantastic and my touch just doesnt compare to her talent! Now I know I have shared my little bit of geeky love for Doctor Who, so I played with my biggest crush, the 11th Doctor, David Tennant. I showed deShan my take and she loved it (queue my excited school girl like squeal at getting praise from an artist you adore). So to prove my point that I think her work would be loved in the colouring world, I showed my pic in all of the digi and colouring book groups that I am in ( all 18 non-specific artist groups) to get a feel of how they would be recieved and how popular they would be so I could let deShan know. Well wow oh wow did it make an impression! There were only two people who thought there was too much shadow sketching in the digi and everyone else loved it! I knew they would! So here is my pic that I shared around so you can see for yourself.


Isn't he awesome!?! Now I personally think there is just the right amount of shading still left in it. But that is me (and hundreds of other'stuff opinions lol)

So what is this post all about? Exciting news is what! Soon deShan will start selling some of her images as digi stamps! I am so over the moon and really excited to play a part in this. I hope I can update you all soon with links!



6 comments:

  1. That is awesome news Shannon.. grats and I love the digi... shading and all. You did a fab job on it... but I do have to disagree on one thing... Tom Baker was THEE Dr Who .. lol

    looking forward to a new artists to dabble with :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Sam! Tom was my first Doctor I watched as a kid! And thank you ❤

      Delete
    2. Hahaha Sam! Tom was my first Doctor I watched as a kid! And thank you ❤

      Delete
  2. Wow! What a fabulous story, and heartwarming share between artists! Your project is fabulous, Shannon! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Donna! I'm looking forward to the digi range being out to share around.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Donna! I'm looking forward to the digi range being out to share around.

      Delete