Monday, 21 December 2015

Harbour Bridge from The East Wind

Being Australian myself I fell in love with this image even more than I normally do with Unky's images! The Harbour Bridge comes with two versions. This version I have coloured AND one with fireworks! I will admit, as much as I LOVE the scene with fireworks, I haven't coloured it as I had an idea strike me straight away. I wanted a sunset! For this image, I have used Distress Ink pads, watercolour paint and Prismacolour pencils.


I have been asked how I have created my sunset. In short, I used a water pen and my Distress Ink ink pads. I laid plain water in the background first to moisten the paper but careful not to go over areas I didn't want painted. Then I laid the colours in with the water brush making sure to gently blend them together without muddying the colours. I have promised to do a tutorial on how I have done it, so stay tuned for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment