Thursday, 3 September 2015

"The Longing Princess"



This is my latest card made and it took me a lot longer than usual for the simple reason of cutting to an oval! I am a little bit of a perfectionist and although I used a template, hand cutting an oval just never looks neat enough to me! Once upon a time I had the Creative Memories cutting system which is brilliant. But I found I just didn't use circles and ovals so sold it at a quarter of the price I paid for it. Now I am kicking myself that I did! Several times since starting card making I've wished I still had it! Anyway, the reason it took so long is I had a set idea in mind for this image and not having a neat oval nor an oval mat or frame to use meant I had to scrap my idea and start again. That's when I decided the best way to cover my wonky oval was to make a frame of flowers! After debating with myself which patterned paper I was going to use, I picked out my flowers and went from there! 


Since posting my card Facebook groups, I've had a few requests for my colour combs used. Instead of repeating myself, I'm sharing here. This stamp is called "The Longing Princess" and can be found at MoonFlower Digital Stamps. 


Copics used:

Skin: E000, E00. E11,E13, E21, (R20 and R22 for lips and blush)
Hair: E,41, E43 and E44
Eyes: B93
Dress: G21, G94 and G99
Sleeve and neck frill: 
E50, E51 and E53
Gold: Y17 and Y28
Vines: YG63 and YG67
Roses: R000, R00, R02 and E04

*Note: Her pearls were created using "Liquid Pearls" and I used cream chalk to colour the background.

And in case you are wondering what the gold threads are on the right side... The inside of my card.


No comments:

Post a Comment