Monday, 8 June 2015

The East Wind inspiration piece #2

Are you receiving The East Wind email subscription? This month's freebie is absolutely fabulous! The stamp is called Betty Cockus 'black lipstick'. This is a different image than I am used to using and WOW! I love it! Now I will be honest. I had no idea where to begin colouring this with my pens. None what so ever! So my first instinct was paint! I knew what I wanted to do, but didn't quite get what I had planned. But in saying that, I still love my finished project! You can see TEW design team's inspirations and other group member's projects on the Facebook page HERE.


For this project, I used 4 different paints as my base colours and slightly blended them together. Once dry, I used a leaf and swirl stencil to add the next layer of colours (Copper, Silver and Gold). Now I had planned on printing the stamp on transparency film and transferring it onto the canvas. Little did I know until now that this process wasn't going to work with my laser printer! It only works with inkjet printers which I used to do this technique with. So instead, I used washi tape to tape my transparency onto the canvas and then sealed it with Modge Podge (only as far as the washi tape and not on the transparency film itself). I then used my black Staz On ink pad to finish off the edge (Yes I should have done this before sealing, but it wont rub off anyway!)

No comments:

Post a Comment