Tuesday, 17 March 2015

My first project as a Design Team member of Slinky♥Tart..."Wrecking Ball" card.


As some of you may know, Tamara from Slinky♥Tart asked me to join her Design Team a few weeks ago. Well today is the day my first project has been released for viewing over at http://slinkytart.com/Blog/.

I fell in love with this stamp as soon as I saw her! Who wouldn't? She is amazing! 

So without further ado...Wrecking Ball




Supplies Used:

Brown cardstock
Patterned paper from 7 Gypsies
"Wrecking Ball" stamp from Slinky Tart
"Individual" stamp by Tim Holtz
Black ink pad
Double sided tape
glue 
cutting board
Scoring board
Scissors
Craft knife

Copic used to colour:

Hair: E41, E43 and E44
Skin: E000, E00, E04, E11, E21 and R20 (blush and tongue)
Outfit: W3, W5, W7,W9 and 100 (bottom of boot)
Ball and Chain: C0, C1, C2, C3, C5 and C7

I cut my cardstock at 6x12', scored and folded it in half. I then cut the patterned paper at 5 3/4x5 3/4 and attached it with double sided tape. I am a;ways generous with the amount of tape I use, especially when I will be using a wet glue with it.
After I finished colouring the stamp, I fussy cut it out using scissors and my craft knife. I stamped "Individual" directly onto the patterned paper and played around with how I would like the coloured stamp to 'fit". Once happy, I attached her with my wet, clear glue, using only a light covering so it didn't leave excess when I smoothed the stamp down.
For the inside of my card, I used the off-cut of the patterned paper into a lighter, matching cardstock, but you could do the inside however you please.

No comments:

Post a Comment